Pretty scary, eh kids? Psycho @ The Palace Theatre 10/5/09
The Master’s most notorious film is still terrifying after all these years, as the larcenous Janet Leigh picks the wrong place to spend a night – The Bates Motel, run by a peculiar little man and his crotchety “mother.” Hitchcock’s murder set pieces are so potent, they can galvanize (and frighten) even a viewer who has seen them before! Bernard Herrmann’s legendary and endlessly imitated score only adds to the thrill and excitement!
Here’s the rest of the schedule of the Monday night series. All films begin at 7 PM with classic trailers and cartoons.
- October 26: The Rocky Horror Picture Show
- November 16: The Great Escape
- November 30: Goldfinger
- December 7: 3 Stooges Film Festival
- December 18: It’s a Wonderful Life
- December 28: Miracle on 34th Street
- January 4, 2010: Raiders of the Lost Ark
- January 18: Glory
- February 1: Titanic
- February 22: Annie Hall
- March 1: To Kill A Mockingbird
- March 15: Double Indemnity
- April 5: All About Eve
- April 19: The Guns of Navarone
- May 3: Planet of the Apes
- May 17: The Godfather
Tickets for all movies are $5 for adults and $3 for children and are available in advance at the Palace Theater box and via Ticketmaster Charge-by-Phone: 518-476-1000 and Ticketmaster outlets or online at ticketmaster.com.
Pretty scary, eh kids? Blood, Fangs & Claws Film Fest @ The Madison Theater (10/2-9)