Five Firsts: Bridget Ball Shaw
NAME: Bridget Ball Shaw
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … Um – I think it was “Jesus Christ Superstar.” I remember laying on the floor in the living room, listening to it over and over and over …
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … Jethro Tull, the “Thick as a Brick” tour. Went with another 14 year old. Good golly, were we ever surprised when that Ian Anderson fellow came out in … what was that? A jock strap? Hoo boy.
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … A piano. My mom and dad recently gave me that piano. A precious gift and beautiful part of my life and my home.
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … “Mr. Bojangles”
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … A pick-up band while studying at UAlbany. The BEST band I was ever in was the Mountain Snow Orchestra!
Bridget Ball Shaw teams up with husband Chris Shaw and the Mountain Snow Orchestra for performances of their annual holiday concert, “Mountain Snow and Mistletoe,” at The Egg in Albany on Saturday and Sunday, December 12-13.
PS: You can also see Chris Shaw’s Five Firsts right here.