The Nippertown 2009 Year in Music Quiz
The year is coming to a close, but before we shut the door on 2009, let’s take a quick look back with a pop quiz on the Nippertown music scene.
No cheating now…
Answers will be posted right here on Monday, January 4.
1. Name one of the two acts who played at both of EXIT 97.7’s Local 518 benefit concerts at the EXIT Dome?
2. What Catskill-based record company won a Grammy Award in February for their 2-CD set, “Monday Night Live at the Village Vanguard” by the Vanguard Jazz Orchestra?
3. What former student of pianist Lee Shaw’s returned to play a concert with her at The Egg in April?
4. What former rock & roll nightclub burned to the ground in April?
5. Who was the new drummer in Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band who made his full-length debut with the band at the Times Union Center in May?
6. What was the name of that same drummer’s other band, who made their Capital Region debut at Valentine’s Music Hall just one month later?
7. Who was booted from the opening act slot on Grace Potter & the Nocturnals’ Alive @ Five concert in June and replaced by the Ashley Pond Band?
8. What long-running showcase club in Great Barrington, Mass. shuttered its doors in August?
9. Complete the odd-couple concert pairings:
Cyndi Lauper and ______?
Jerry Douglas and _______?
10. When R.E.M. guitarist Peter Buck showed up at Valentine’s Music Hall in September, he played with which band:
a) The Minus 5
b) The Steve Wynn IV
c) The Baseball Project
d) all of the above
Comments are closed.