Five Firsts: Abbie Gardner of Red Molly
NAME: Abbie Gardner
BAND AFFILIATION: Red Molly
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … The California Raisins
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … My dad, playing with the Galvanized Jazz Band (dixieland)
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … violin, though I quickly switched to flute.
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … probably a classical flute piece at my first recital, though I don’t remember which one. (It was 4th grade.)
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … The Bluefield Elementary School Band. The first modern band I was in was Silent Q, a garage rock band, playing bass and singing backup. We did Rush, Yes, Pink Floyd and Genesis covers.
Abbie Gardner and her bandmates in Red Molly take to the stage at Caffe Lena in Saratoga Springs for two shows (7 & 9:30pm) on Friday in support of their brand new album, “James.”
Comments are closed.