Five Firsts: Addie Murray of Addie & Olin – Unleashed
NAME: Addie Murray
BAND AFFILIATION: Addie & Olin – Unleashed
INSTRUMENT: saxophone, flute, more
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … Jean-Pierre Rampal’s “The Golden Flute Sonata”
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … Donovan at the Felt Forum, Manhattan. He sat on a bed of roses…
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … first played the recorder in third grade (also known as the flute-o-phone or sweet potato), then bought my first flute, a Bundy
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … “By the sea, by the sea, by the beautiful sea” – solo flute at a grade school assembly
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … Grade school music band, flute.
Addie Murray and Olin Boyle will team up with John Kirk & Trish Miller and David Kiphuth & Linda Schrade at Caffe Lena in Saratoga Springs at 8pm on Saturday for Nippertown’s only Candlemas-Hanukkah-Ramadan-Solstice-Christmas-Kwanzaa-New Year-Boxing Day-Epiphany celebration. Tix are $15 in advance; $17 at the door. Addie Murray and Olin Boyle also publish The Folk Times.