Five Firsts: Adam Brockway of Eastbound Jesus
NAME: Adam Brockway
BAND AFFILIATION: Eastbound Jesus
INSTRUMENT: singer/writer/acoustic guitarist
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … The first album I ever bought was probably Nirvana Unplugged in NY. I always loved the sound of Cobain’s gritty voice mixed with acoustic instruments. That album is the reason I started playing.
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … First concert was Garth Brooks. I was in sixth grade. That guy is an animal on stage, and “Ain’t Goin Down Til the Sun Comes Up” is still one of my favorite songs, thanks to that show.
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … First instrument was a guitar my father gave me on Christmas when I was 15.
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … I couldn’t tell you the first song I ever played in public, but it was probably an original, which leads me to the last question…
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … My first band was called Lamens Terms. We were all about 16, and we played all our own tunes. We only ever played one show, at Hubbard Hall in Cambridge. My cousin Tim, the frontman in this band, has always had the best singing voice of anyone I’ve heard, and he had the entire audience captivated for the entire set. I’ll never forget that show.
Adam Brockway and his bandmates in the Greenwich-based band Eastbound Jesus roll into Valentine’s Music Hall in Albany at 8pm on Friday (February 10) in support of their new sophomore CD, “Holy Smokes.” Sharing the bill are American Babies and the Red Lions. Advance admission is $9.