Five Firsts: Beth Jamie Kaufman of Spuyten Duyvil
NAME: Beth Jamie Kaufman
BAND AFFILIATION: Spuyten Duyvil
INSTRUMENT: The VOX, baby!!
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … the Bay City Rollers
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … Yes at Madison Square Garden
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … My VOX, baby!
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … “Leaving on a Jet Plane.” I was six years old. Totally screwed up the harmony.
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … First full-fledged band I ever sang with was my husband Mark Miller’s college band Food Club. That was over 25 YEARS AGO! It’s totally cool that he and I are doing the band thing together so many years later.
Vocalist Beth Jamie Kaufman joins her husband-guitarist Mark Miller and all the other members of the “amped up Americana” band Spuyten Duyvil to Saratoga Springs for their Caffe Lena debut at 8pm on Saturday (April 21). They will share the stage with Pesky J. Nixon for another “See the Future! Saturday Night Sampler” night. Tix are $10.