Five Firsts: Trapper Schoepp of Trapper Schoepp & the Shades
NAME: Trapper Schoepp
BAND AFFILIATION: Trapper Schoepp & the Shades
INSTRUMENT: guitar, voice
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … International Superhits! by Green Day. “Poprocks and Coke” is still a mixtape staple for me.
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … Bob Dylan and Willie Nelson at a minor league baseball park in Madison, WI. Hearing “Like a Rolling Stone” live had quite an impression on my teenage self.
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … A hand-me-down acoustic guitar from my sister, which I ended up giving to my first girlfriend. I hope she’s getting some good songs out of it.
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … The first song I recall playing is “So Long, Marianne” by Leonard Cohen. That had to sound strange coming from a sixteen year old.
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … this one.
They’ve been out on the road touring with the Wallflowers and the Old 97’s in support of their new album, “Run, Engine, Run,” but on Friday night (June 28) Trapper Schoepp leads his Milwaukee-based band Trapper Schoepp & the Shades into the Half Moon in Hudson for an intimate night of real rock ‘n’ roll that’s been described as “the Replacements meets Uncle Tupelo.” Sharing the bill will be the Last Conspirators and Nightmares for a Week. Admission is $5.