Five Firsts: Jennifer Lucrezio of Lucrezio
NAME: Jennifer Lucrezio
BAND AFFILIATION: Lucrezio
INSTRUMENT: piano & vocals
1. THE FIRST ALBUM I EVER BOUGHT WAS … DC Talk’s Jesus Freak on cassette
2. THE FIRST CONCERT THAT I EVER SAW WAS … Carman in Albany, NY
3. THE FIRST MUSICAL INSTRUMENT I EVER OWNED OR PLAYED WAS … Piano. Took a while to own one, but had my first lesson at the age of four by my dad.
4. THE FIRST SONG THAT I EVER PERFORMED IN PUBLIC WAS … My first piano recital was at the age of five, and I know I sang at church as well when I was that age. Although the first public performance I most vividly remember was singing “King of My Heart” at the age of nine for a ‘Thank You’ concert that celebrated my big brother, who recovered well from a cancerous brain tumor. It certainly marked the beauty and depth of what music has become.
5. THE FIRST BAND I WAS EVER IN WAS … Godspeed. A traveling group that I was hired into as a sophomore in college for about a year. With my first experience in a band being also my first experience on the road, you learn pretty quickly if the life of a traveling musician is for you. I loved it.
The Chicago-based duo Lucrezio – featuring Jennifer Lucrezio and Jordan Bumgarner – make a tour stop at Red Square in Albany at 9pm on Saturday (June 29). Local 518 singer-songwriter Anthony Fallacaro opens the show. Tickets are $8.