Win FREE Tickets to SPAC’s Saratoga Wine & Food Festival & Concours D’Elegance!
Do you like food?
How about wine?
Got a thing for fast, luxury cars?
If the answer to any of those questions is yes, you’ll want to head to Saratoga this weekend, as the Saratoga Performing Arts Center hosts its 13th annual Saratoga Wine & Food Festival & Concours D’Elegance.
It’s a three-day celebration of gourmet events showcasing fine international wines, innovative chef-prepared menus, cooking demonstrations, wine seminars, innovative tastings, upscale auctions and a concours d’elegance of luxury automobiles presented by festival partner, the Saratoga Automobile Museum.
Featuring humorist/television commentator Mo Rocca and one of the northeast’s most innovative chef, Zak Pelaccio of Hudson’s Fish and Game, the fest promises to be a grand gourmet experience, and proceeds from the event will benefit Saratoga Performing Arts Center’s educational programs.
Here are some of the highlights of this weekend’s fest, which runs from Friday-Sunday (September 6-8):
· Humorist and commentator Mo Rocca headlines the festival and participates in events throughout the weekend, including a “Learning to Cook with Mamma Theresa” demonstration, modeled after his popular Cooking Channel show, “My Grandmother’s Ravioli.”
· New York celebrity chef Zak Pelaccio, chef & cofounder of the Hudson Valley’s hottest new dining destination, Fish & Game, brings culinary expertise to the weekend.
· Kevin Zraly, famed wine educator and 2011 James Beard Lifetime Achievement Award winner, leads two wine tasting seminars and participates in events throughout the weekend.
· The Saratoga Automobile Museum presents a Concours D’Elegance of luxury collector cars including invited classes of Shelby Cobra, Alfa Romeo, Porsche, Maserati, Ferrari and more. Among the featured cars will be a 2003 Aston Martin DB7 Zagato whose original owner was Eric Clapton.
· New Grand Tasting attractions including a Connoissuer’s Tent presented by Healthy Living Market and Café featuring locally and regionally sourced artisan cheeses and charcuterie and exclusive wine and spirits from Kevin Zraly’s private wine cellar.
Ticket prices for the events vary. GO HERE for the complete schedule…
BUT WAIT… We’re giving away FREE TICKETS. Yes, a lucky Nippertown reader will win a PAIR OF FREE TICKETS to the festival’s Grand Tasting beginning at 12noon on Saturday (September 7). That’s a $170 value! How can you win? Simple. Just leave a comment below telling us about the highlight of your summer. Please be sure to leave your email address, too. We won’t publish it, but we’ll use it to contact you if you win. Deadline to enter is 12noon on Friday. The winner will be selected at random and notified on Friday afternoon (September 6). Good luck! NOTE: The winner must be 21 or older to gain entrance. Congratulations to the winner, who has been notified by email.