Opera Saratoga announces its 2022 Summer Festival Schedule
SARATOGA SPRINGS – Opera Saratoga announced updated casting and ticket information for its innovative new festival model that embraces partnerships with multiple venues across the region. Some of the key performances for the 2022 Summer Festival will be Rossini’s bel canto comedy The Barber of Seville on Proctors MainStage, as well as his exquisite Petite Messe Solennelle at The Round Lake Auditorium; the deeply moving Sky on Swings by Lembit Beecher and Hannah Moscovitch at The Egg, which explores the journey of two women living with Alzheimer’s disease; and Stephen Sondheim’s Broadway masterpiece, Sweeney Todd, on the Amphitheater Stage of the Saratoga Performing Arts Center. Making this season extra special are guest performances by internationally acclaimed artists such as Broadway star Carolee Carmello, who is a native of the Albany area!
The complete schedule follows:
- May 26: Stars of Tomorrow at the Charles R. Wood Theater, Glens Falls. (7:00)
- June 2-3: Petite Messe Solennelle at the Round Lake Auditorium, Round Lake. (7:30)
- June 5: The Opera Saratoga Gala at the Barn at French Mountain, Lake George. (4:00)
- June 12: A Hundred Years of Broadway at the Mansion of Saratoga, Rock City Falls. (2:00, 7:00)
- June 19: A Juneteenth Celebration with Sidney Outlaw at Proctors GE Theatre, Schenectady. (2:30)
- June 29-30: Sweeney Todd – The Demon Barber of Fleet Street at Saratoga Performing Arts Center, Saratoga Springs. (7:30)
- July 7, July 9: Sky on Swings at the Egg Performing Arts Center, Albany. (July 7 – 7:30, July 9 – 2:00)
- July 8, July 10: The Barber of Seville at Proctors, Schenectady. (July 8 – 7:30, July 10 – 2:00)
Tickets for Summer Festival performances are currently available through Festival Passes (previously called Subscriptions); or tickets can be purchased for individual performances, which are on sale as of March 21st. This season, Opera Saratoga is offering two different kinds of Festival Passes, which provide significant savings, priority ticket access, and the greatest degree of flexibility.
ALL-ACCESS PASS: Opera Saratoga’s All-Access Pass provides the best value this summer while guaranteeing the best seats for every production and concert. Benefits include: saving 20% off tickets to Sweeney Todd, Sky on Swings, The Barber of Seville, the Petite Messe Solennelle, and A Broadway Cabaret; and FREE tickets to A Juneteenth Celebration and Stars of Tomorrow. All-Access Pass holders also receive a 20% discount off any additional tickets they wish to purchase.
FESTIVAL HIGHLIGHTS PASS: Opera Saratoga’s Festival Highlights Pass provides priority seating and 20% off tickets to Sweeney Todd, Sky on Swings, and The Barber of Seville. Pass holders can then customize their Highlights Pass by adding tickets to concerts of their choice, with a 10% discount off any additional tickets purchased.
With the purchase of either Festival Pass, there is no need to deal with multiple box offices for ticket purchases, and free exchanges are available. Festival Pass holders also save on handling fees: there is a single $10 fee per order when purchasing Festival Passes; whereas there is a processing fee charged by each venue’s box office on each ticket purchased that is not part of a Festival Pass.
SINGLE TICKETS: Tickets for individual events are available online or by phone as of March 21st through the SPAC, Proctors, and Egg Box Offices. SPAC is handling ticket sales for: Sweeney Todd, Stars of Tomorrow, A Broadway Cabaret, and Petite Messe Solennelle. Proctors is handling tickets for The Barber of Seville and A Juneteenth Celebration. Tickets for Sky on Swings will be available through The Egg.
For complete details on Festival Passes and Single Tickets, visit here.