Saratoga Pride to Sponsor Open Mic at Caffe Lena, June 14th
SARATOGA SPRINGS – On June 14th, in honor of Pride Month, Saratoga Pride will be sponsoring the open mic at Caffe Lena. Those in attendance are warmly welcomed to bring a poem, song, an instrument, or a story!
All are welcome at this evening honoring LGBTQ+ identity! Saratoga Pride is a welcoming community of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender expansive, queer people and allies in the greater Saratoga Springs area, offering social and informational events and entertainment, as well as LGBTQ+ resources, networking, and advocacy.
What to expect:
- Please leave a $5 donation for our non-profit organization if you’re able to.
- Sign-up is 6:30 PM to 7:00 PM / Show at 7:00 / 2 songs or 10 minutes /
- Sign up is first come first serve
- You are welcome to use our Yamaha studio upright acoustic piano or acoustic Martin guitar. We can play your MP3 backing track through our sound system. You are welcome to bring amps and drums BUT set up and break down is part of your 10 minutes.
- Full table service (see menu). No alcohol! We like to keep our open mic nights family friendly.
- Play Nice! We foster a diverse community that has a great time making art and helping one another get better. Excessive profanity, explicit sexual themes, and “humor” that unkindly targets a specific group undermines this goal. It is up to the discretion of the host to enforce the house standards.