Today’s Top Tips for Live Music (November 8, 2023)
Best Bet: Live @ Hart Theatre at the Egg, Empire State Plaza, Albany, 7-11 p.m.
Best known for their 1994 album “Throwing Copper,” they achieved worldwide success with hits like “Lightning Crashes” and “I Alone.” Their emotive, anthemic sound captures themes of spirituality and self-awareness. This is a must-see for children of the 90s, so throw on the flannels and head to The Egg.
Other Featured Events
- Chris Pierce – Live at Caffé Lena @ Caffè Lena, 47 Phila St., Saratoga Springs, 6-10 p.m.
- Spiritualized @ Basilica Hudson, Basilica Hudson, 110 S Front Street, Hudson, 7-11 p.m.
- Lance Lopez @ Colony, 22 Rock City Road, Woodstock, 7-11 p.m.
- Dumbo Gets Mad / Psymon Spine / Adequate Phil @ No Fun, 275 River St., Troy, 7-11 p.m.
- Swing dancing @ The Linda WAMC’s Performing Arts Studio, 339 Central Ave., Albany, 7-9:30 p.m.
- Mariachi Herencia de México @ Troy Savings Bank Music Hall, 30 Second St., Troy, 7:30-10 p.m.
- George Shingleton @ The Cock ‘n Bull, 5342 Parkis Mills Road, Galway, 7:30-11 p.m.
- Jesse James DeConto @ Station Bar & Curio, 101 Tinker St., Woodstock, 7:30-11:30 p.m.
- Al Olender @ The Barn at The Egremont Village Inn, 17 Main St., S. Egremont, 7:30-11:30 p.m.
For additional listings, see our Calendar. Is there a gig (original music) missing? Go to the calendar and click “Create an Event”.