Today’s Top Tips for Live Music (November 10, 2023)
Best Bet: Tank and the Bangas @ Arthur Zankel Music Center, 815 N. Broadway, Saratoga Springs, 8-11 p.m.
Tank and The Bangas, hailing from the soulful city of New Orleans, are like a musical gumbo, stirring together funk, soul, hip hop, and spoken word into an irresistibly eclectic sound. At the front is the magnetic Tarriona “Tank” Ball, whose poetic prowess and spirited vocals can turn from a soulful melody to a rapid-fire rap in a heartbeat. This group isn’t just a band; they’re a show, a full-on emotional rollercoaster packed with vibrant storytelling and funky grooves that’ll get your feet moving as much as your heart.
Other Featured Events
- Margo Macero @ Artisanal Brew Works, 617 Maple Ave. Unit D, Saratoga Springs, 6:30-10:30 p.m.
- Armor for Sleep / The Early November / The Spill Canvas @ Empire Live, 93 N. Pearl St., Albany, 7-11 p.m.
- Derek Hough (Dance) @ Palace Theatre, 19 Clinton Ave., Albany, 7-11 p.m.
- Lance Lopez @ Pauly’s Hotel, 337 Central Ave., Albany, 7-11 p.m.
- Flying Rob & Friends @ Spinners Pizza & Pub, 22 Picotte Drive, Albany, 7-11 p.m.
- John Street Jam @ The Local Center for Arts and Culture, 16 John St., Saugerties, 7-11 p.m.
- Cold Chocolate @ WYLDE Hudson, 35 S. Third St., Hudson, 7-11 p.m.
- Cinderella, Ballet Of The Ukraine @ Ulster Performing Arts Center, 601 Broadway, Kingston, 7:30 p.m.
- Jim Messina @ Swyer Theatre at the Egg, Empire State Plaza, Albany, 7:30-11:30 p.m.
- The National Reserve @ The Barn at The Egremont Village Inn, 17 Main St., S. Egremont, 7:30-11:30 p.m.
- Take3 @ The Park Theater, 14 Park St., Glens Falls, 7:30-11:30 p.m.
- Jake Xerxes Fussell @ Caffè Lena, 47 Phila St., Saratoga Springs, 8 p.m.- Nov. 11, 12 a.m.
- The Mammals / Sarah Lee Guthrie @ Colony, 22 Rock City Road, Woodstock, 8 p.m.- Nov. 11, 12 a.m.
- Bob Marley (Comedian) @ Funny Bone Comedy Club, 1 Crossgates Mall Road, Albany, 8 p.m.- Nov. 11, 12 a.m.
- Aquanett @ Rivers Casino & Resort Schenectady, 1 Rush St., Schenectady, 8 p.m.- Nov. 11, 12 a.m.
- Cody Montanye @ Shaker Road Loudonville Fire Department Station One, 550 Albany Shaker Road, Albany, 8 p.m.- Nov. 11, 12 a.m.
- The Roar of Snowmobiles / The Black Lips @ Tinker St. Cinema, 132 Tinker St., Woodstock, 8 p.m.- Nov. 11, 12 a.m.
- Bearly Dead (Grateful Dead Tribute) @ Putnam Place, 63a Putnam St., Saratoga Springs, 9-11 p.m.
For additional listings, see our Calendar. Is there a gig (original music) missing? Go to the calendar and click “Create an Event”.